This is an easy one, but first you've gotta have made our Pink Citrus which you can go and do right here!
So, surprisingly, despite the fact most bars treat citrus as a one and done kind of ingredient, those suckers have a shit load to offer. And most of it as you've seen with the previous recipe, lies in the skin.
We all know salt makes things even tastier, but it's also damn good at extracting and what we're going to do below is use it to drain the last bits of flavour from the limes.
This makes for a killer garnish or to use a pinch to make your drinks pop, particularly anything with vermouth or sherry in it.
PINK CITRUS SALT
1kg Leftover from your Pink Citrus batch
- Make sure it's a good mix of lime and hibiscus that is strained off. It can be damp, just not wet
Shit Loads (technical measurement) of Maldon Salt or the like
- Buy it in bulk though because they're box packaging is a load of shit and completely unnecessary. And let's be honest, you're going to need delicious salt again in your life soon.
- Pop the leftovers in a food safe, high sided container
- Slowly cover leftovers with salt, giving the container a good shake to ensure it get in all the gaps. Don't have more than an a few inches of salt above where the leftovers stop
- Cover the container and place in a safe place out of the way for 2 days, giving it a little shake up when you remember to
- Pour all your rad new Pink Citrus Salt into a new container without any of the lime or hibiscus and store air tight at room temp